A Coordinated Investment Plan documents the community or state’s plan to strategically align and commit resources from multiple funders or sources to fund a community’s rehousing strategy developed through a collaborative planning process. The resources below include tools to help communities create a rehousing strategy, identify public and private resources available to fund the rehousing strategy and develop a Coordinated Investment Plan, and information about funding sources, engaging partners, and transitioning from planning to procurement and awards.
Strategic Funding and Grants Management
- HUD Resource: CARES Act Flexibilities for ESG and HOPWA Funds Used to Support Coronavirus Response and Plan Amendment Waiver
- HUD Exchange Resource: Availability of Waivers of Community Planning and Development (CPD) Grant Program and Consolidated Plan Requirements to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts Caused by COVID-19
- HUD Exchange Resource: Can ESG funds be used to train staff on how to deliver services during the COVID-19 pandemic, including how to recognize symptoms, how to protect recipient staff from infection, and how to protect against spreading the virus while providing assistance?
- HUD Exchange Resource: Can CoC project administrative funds be used to train recipient staff to safely deliver assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- HUD Exchange Resource: CoC Program Expedited COVID-19 Grant Agreement Amendments
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Using a Disaster Policy to Fund Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response with ESG
Operations and Best Practices
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Coordinated Investment Planning Case Studies
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Creating Cohorts for Your Rehousing Strategy
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Designing a Centralized Rent Administration Program
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Estimating Future Homelessness
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Federal Rehousing Resources
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Rehousing Activation: Planning and Implementation Tips
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Rehousing and Coordinated Investment Planning Tool
- HUD Exchange TA Resource: Untapped Expertise: Strategies for Inclusive Stakeholder Engagement When Developing Your Coordinated Investment Plan
- NAEH—Framework for COVID-19 Homelessness Response Responding to the Intersecting Crises of Homelessness and COVID-19
- NLIHC—Housing Instability and Homelessness CARES Act Suggestions for State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Elected Officials